Antivirus Software Provider in Delhi – India
Antivirus or anti-virus software (often abbreviated as AV), sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software. Antivirus software was originally developed to detect and remove computer viruses. Antivirus Firm can protect from malicious Browser Helper Objects (BHOs), browser hijackers, ransomware, keyloggers, backdoors, rootkits, trojan horses, worms, malicious LSPs, dialers, fraudtools, adware and spyware. Some products also include protection from other computer threats, such as infected and malicious URLs, spam, scam and phishing attacks, online identity (privacy), online banking attacks, social engineering techniques, Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), botnets DDoS attacks.
There are several methods which antivirus engine can use to identify malware:
- Signature-based detection: is the most common method. To identify viruses and other malware, the antivirus engine compares the contents of a file to its database of known malware signatures.
- Heuristic-based detection: is generally used together with signature-based detection. It detects malware based on characteristics typically used in known malware code.
- Behavioural-based detection: is similar to heuristic-based detection and used also in Intrusion Detection System. The main difference is that, instead of characteristics hardcoded in the malware code itself, it is based on the behavioural fingerprint of the malware at run-time. Clearly, this technique is able to detect (known or unknown) malware only after they have starting doing their malicious actions.
- Sandbox detection: is a particular behavioural-based detection technique that, instead of detecting the behavioural fingerprint at run time, it executes the programs in a virtual environment, logging what actions the program performs. Depending on the actions logged, the antivirus engine can determine if the program is malicious or not. If not, then, the program is executed in the real environment. Albeit this technique has shown to be quite effective, given its heaviness and slowness, it is rarely used in end-user antivirus solutions.
- Data mining techniques: are one of the latest approach applied in malware detection. Data mining and machine learning algorithms are used to try to classify the behaviour of a file (as either malicious or benign) given a series of file features, that are extracted from the file itself.
Antivirus software for server (Endpoint security)
Simple forms of endpoint security include personal firewalls or anti-virus software that is distributed and then monitored and updated from the server. The term is evolving, however, to include intrusion detection with behavior-blocking components that monitor devices and look for actions that are typically initiated by rootkits. The term endpoint security is also being used in association with anti-virus in the cloud. In this software-as-a-service delivery model, the host server and its security programs are maintained remotely by the vendor.
Antivirus Software for mobile
Mobile phone security has become increasingly important in mobile computing. It is of particular concern as it relates to the security of personal and business information now stored on smartphones.All smartphones, as computers, are preferred targets of attacks. These attacks exploit weaknesses related to smartphones that can come from means of communication like Short Message Service (SMS, aka text messaging),Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth and GSM, the de facto global standard for mobile communications. There are also attacks that exploit software vulnerabilities from both the web browser and operating system. Antivirus Firm software provide security against mobile threats etc.